You may be a big face-to-face meeting expert, but effective teleconferencing requires additional skills. So what are the challenges of virtual board portal meetings?
Why Does Your Company Need Board Portal Meetings?
Board meetings are not easy, even when all the participants are in the same room. These days, almost every meeting has at least one person working in a remote office. In some cases, all teleconference participants are connected to the network from outside via telephone lines.
You are probably familiar with the format of virtual board meetings. You find a room (preferably quiet) with a good internet connection, launch a meeting program… and find that a good half of the participants are not online yet, the main speaker’s microphone is intermittently disconnected, and someone else is rustling something and it’s annoying as hell. It’s time to face it: virtual meetings rarely go smoothly. People get distracted, everyone tries to turn off their camera, and presentations always take longer than they should.
The board software brings together professional consultants and experts with experience in assessing corporate governance and board performance and developing relevant methodologies, research activities, providing advisory services, and assigning corporate governance ratings to companies. In the board version of the product, you can maintain a list of tasks, use the calendar, and organize tasks by project. In paid versions, you can set dependencies in tasks, maintain a schedule, monitor the progress of employees, and so on.
Why do Boards of Directors need external performance evaluation? Among the factors influencing this are the following:
- Every year, new corporate governance standards are developed, which must be adhered to in order to comply with both internal and international business requirements.
- The expectations of shareholders and stakeholders of companies are growing.
- New trends, disruptive technologies, and the general instability of the global market create a wide range of risks for constant monitoring.
- Recourse to external specialized experts facilitates the work of the Boards of Directors and makes it more efficient and focused on continuous improvement.
The Best Way to Avoid Virtual Board Portal Meetings
The board portal technology makes it easier for teams to share ideas and work together on the same documents, no matter where each employee is located. Cloud collaboration solutions have emerged from the rise of mobile computing, personal business devices, instant messaging, and social networking as tools for work, and growing confidence in the security of cloud services. Collaboration in the cloud has become an integral part of development and success for many modern companies.
Its well-designed API, powerful integrations, various bots, and the ability to build on top of it with the Slack application toolkit allow users to tailor the platform to specific needs and easily create complex workflows.
To avoid challenges in virtual board portal meetings, it is recommended to:
- Migrate on-premises file servers to significantly reduce costs.
- Secure real-time collaboration with other teams and external users.
- Secure storage of content in the cloud.
- Use content in your own applications and processes.
- Submit documents through an approval workflow.
Virtual board portal meetings have allowed many companies to continue to work, allowing employees to work from home, using conferencing solutions for meetings and updates, as well as general communication. In addition, as concerns about the cost of carbon emissions increase, it makes sense for companies to strive to continue to communicate face-to-face online rather than indulge in wasteful business and environmental costs in person.